Sunday, May 16, 2010

Raises and Falls :)

I can't believe it's been since Halloween since I last wrote. :) Craziness! Life is going so well! I am really starting to enjoy my job again, even though for a while there I really dreaded it. I got a raise this last week :) and a lot of praise from my boss saying I'm doing a phenomenal job--so that's cool. :)

Mike took me out to dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory at Trolley Square. It was so fun to hang out with him. I love him and his goodness. :) The food was good too. :)

Yesterday I went running and tripped on the sidewalk (we live in the avenues and the sidewalks are very old and uneven) and fell hardcore on the ground. It was funny even though it really hurt. I skinned both of my knees, both of my hands, one finger, and one elbow. :) And injured my wrist. But oh well--it taught me to have more compassion for crying kids when they skin their knee. It REALLY hurts. :)

Then Mike and I went to the temple yesterday afternoon and it was so nice to be able to go there with him and feel the Holy Ghost testifying to my heart of the truthfulness of the gospel. I am SO grateful for Jesus Christ my Savior and His Atoning Sacrifice in my behalf. He is AMAZING! His life has blessed me SO much!

Mike (my amazing husband) got a 4.0 GPA this last semester! :) I am so proud of him and all his hard work! His hard work and dedication in school and all areas of his life amazes and inspires me. I love him more every day. I am so grateful to have such a good hardworking kind loving husband who adores me! :) I know we've only been married 5 months--but I hope that never changes. :) Mike started his internship this week and he loves that too! It's crazy and the days are long but hopefully it will provide a break from school and regular routine. He enjoys learning more about law as well.

I am reading Pride and Prejudice again. :) Friday night while Mike worked I read and read and read. It has been SO long since I read a fiction book for fun! I am LOVING it!!! :)

Last night Mike and I watched Twister! :) I like that movie. :) I like Mike more. :)

2 comments:

  1. You are adorable! Yay for Mike getting a 4.0! That's INSANE!! He is officially the smartest person I know! ;) Glad you are back to blogging... oh and from your run you learned another lesson... Those people who run on the asphalt are actually smart ;) lol I can't run on sidewalks for that reason - I am afraid of tripping - I am the biggest clutz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH YAY! Now I can know what's going on in your sweet life! I'm SAD and SORRY about your fall, ECSTATIC about your raise and praise, PROUD of Mike's 4.0, GRATEFUL for your happy marriage and that you love going to the temple, and so HAPPY that you are reading for fun again. That's always been so fun for you. I love you, Sunshine! Thanks for updating your blog!

    ReplyDelete